Vote for Barb! Little White Dog has been nominated for Best in Pet Daycare by Philly Happening.
East Falls represent! Calumet street resident — and Scott’s lane business owner — runs a great operation that deserves a win. Here’s five good reasons to VOTE FOR BARB! <— click here to vote now or read more about our favorite Dame of Doggies.
Full disclosure: Barb’s a friend of ours, and our votes were entirely personal — as is this post. But the whole concept of the “Happening List” is subjective, right? We’re not voting for “Best Of” or even “Top Rated.” We’re voting as readers.
We’re voting as neighbors too. Of course we wanna cheer on a fellow Fallser who’s trying to bring some good buzz to our community!
We came up with these 5 REASONS TO VOTE FOR BARB BERMAN — we hope you agree she’s worth your vote:
1. She quit her job to follow her dream I just love this about Barb. For 15 years she was making bank in advertising, but she hated going into work every day. So after a year of wishing she’d be fired, she walked out with a severance package and started Little White Dog off Scotts Lane.
FUN FACT: She’s the sole business owner, too — although she originally considered purchasing a franchise, she decided to stay independent because being her own boss was a top priority. She admits she’d have had an easier time getting started but now after 4 years she’s proud of how much she’s learned to create a business with her own special caring, conscientious vibe.
And how hard she’s worked to keep it growing! She’s got a roster of about 200 dogs now, and a staff of ten. BTW, she always has her eye out for good “dog people” to hire (so if you know anyone…).
2. She’s a community person Barb’s a judge & sponsor for the Doggie Halloween Costume Parade at Fall Fest, and throughout a typical year supports events in Roxborough, Laurel Hill, Saul High School… She comes to meetings, gives to local rescues and also neighborhood start-ups like Wissahickon Brewing Company (where she’s a “Teedyuscung” donor). She’s even a sponsor of East Falls’ newspaper.
3. Because Bogie Look at that face! Bogie’s first owners dumped him in a kill shelter at one year old, but now he’s the #1 man in Barb’s life — and loving every minute. He would totally vote for Barb if he could but although he comes to work with her every day, he has yet to master the computer. If you could only push that button for him…
4. She’s #goodpeeps We got to know Barb thru the old Dog Park Committee, and then kept in her orbit cause she’s just so gosh darn nice! Last winter when freezing temps were causing some serious cabin fever for East Falls dogs, she started offering Open Gym evenings to provide neighborhood pups warm, enclosed off-leash play. This year she’s doing ’em again with the East Falls Beer Garden (another great local woman-owned business).
5. Her location is truly awesome Little White Dog is one of only a very few other doggie daycares in Philly that can offer such a huge climate-controlled space to play in: over 6,000 sq ft of indoor play space, including different rooms and even a fenced outside area. If you’ve got a high-energy, social pup, Barb and her crew are a fantastic resource with connections to local vets, trainers, and other problem-solvers, too.
BONUS: She also has a nifty retail corner, with specialty treats and “Dog is Good” clothing & accessories for dog lovers.
What more can we say? We’re glad Barb chose East Falls to make her doggie daycare dreams come true.
Vote for Barb, and let’s get East Falls onto the Philly Happenings List for 2018!
STEP 1: Go to PhillyHappening.com’s VOTE page
STEP2: Select “Little White Dog” (fourth down in the list of options)
STEP 3: Add your email & verify
STEP 4: Type in the captcha
STEP 5: Click to VOTE!
**DEADLINE FEB 28th**
**ONE VOTE PER EMAIL**
TRUE STORY: Barb’s a Reader’s Choice Winner for 2017, and a great resource for local dog owners.
Little White Dog
Doggie Daycare and Indoor Dog Park offers safe, clean, cage-free play with trained staff who love dogs of all breeds. Birthday parties and events, too. Scotts Mills location with plenty of parking for easy pick-up/drop-off.
3500 Scotts Lane
Open 7am – 7pm Weekdays
PS: Once Barb’s garage door broke and a small mob came out to help her, we’d love to see that same community spirit give a boost to this neighbor and local business owner.
Thanks for your support from Barb and Bogie and the whole crew at Little White Dog.